Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by aldous <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 17:59:21 UTC

interframe communication

The application I'm working on uses frames and a tree view / results view
layout.  I've implemented LinkTree in frame one.  When the link is clicked,
I need to refresh frame two based on information stored in the tree node.

I've overridden onNodeLinkClicked in my LinkTree derived class, and I am
able to successfully handle the event and retrieve the model of interest.  I
would like to now get a handle to the other frame (from within my class) and
refresh the page using the data from the node.

The following snippet shows my handler and demonstrates the kind of call I
would like to make.

public class CategoryTree extends LinkTree
{
	@Override
	protected void onNodeLinkClicked(TreeNode node, BaseTree tree,
			AjaxRequestTarget target)
	{
		DefaultMutableTreeNode n = (DefaultMutableTreeNode)node;

		if (n.getUserObject() instanceof EcCategoryTreeNode)
		{
			EcCategoryTreeNode ec = (EcCategoryTreeNode)n.getUserObject();

                       /*
                        *  getDesiredBookmarkablePage and renderPage are not
real functions.  They
                        *  merely demonstrate what I'd like to be able to
do.
                        */
                       getDesiredBookmarkablePage().renderPage(new
Pro_Search(ec));

		}
		super.onNodeLinkClicked(node, tree, target);
	}
}

What's the best "wicket" pattern to use to accomplish what I'm attempting
here?  I was hoping for something other than custom javascript in the parent
frame, etc.