Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ba...@wipro.com on 2006/10/12 09:09:03 UTC

Help on page alignment issues.

Hi,

This may not be directly related to JSF as such. However, I'm not very
good with CSS to achieve something that I'm trying to do. Can anyone
point me to something?

I have a dataTable and a couple of command buttons aligned to the left
on top of the DataTable. They are for Add, Delete, Modify for the
DataTable entries. On the right alignment on the same line, I need to
have a Print | Refresh links.

Based on my user Role, I render/hide the buttons. During this process,
the print|refresh takes the place of the absent buttons. I would like
them to stay right aligned even if the buttons are not rendered. I have
tried my combinations I can think of with no effect.

Also, what kind of layout component in JSF can help me achieve placing
the Add | Edit | Delete on the left side and Print | Refresh on the
right side of a 100% width of the page.

Thanks
Balaji

Balaji Saranathan | System Management Solutions | Wipro Technologies |
Bangalore, India

ESN : 6 - 877 - 8715 | PSTN : +91 - 080 - 2852 0408 * 82332 | Cell : 91
9886861757 | Softphone : 91 93420 53442

www.wipro.com

Re: Help on page alignment issues.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
<t:dataTable style="width: 100%">
  <f:facet name="header">
    <t:panelGroup>
        <t:commandButton ... />
        <t:commandButton ... />
        <t:commandButton ... />
        <t:commandButton ... />
        <t:commandButton ... />
    </t:panelGroup>
  </f:facet>
</t:dataTable>

Then just set the properties of the command buttons (rendered, id, action,
etc).