Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 07:19:27 UTC

Maven Enterprise Edition from Overall.ca?

Just saw something odd in Gmail web clip/sponsored link while browsing
emails to the list...

"Maven Enterprise Edition - www.overall.ca/maven - Build the ultimate
toolbox for your Windows support tools"

>From their site:
"Introducing Maven Enterprise Edition
Your enterprise data is typically found in multiple sources. Maven
Enterprise Edition enables your organization to build and deploy a
complete Windows support dashboard, with all of the queries, support
tools, scripts and enterprise information required to rapidly service
your IT infrastructure. Your service desk can do what they do best;
service your organization."

Their "About Us" says they've been around since 2002. Click into the
forums and the oldest post is 2008-12-02, so its hard to tell how old
their "Maven Enterprise Edition" tool really is.

Anyone know these guys? Obviously their Maven has no relationship
whatsoever to this one. Pretty bad choice of names on their part, imo.

Wayne

Re: Maven Enterprise Edition from Overall.ca?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Agree completely. Just thought it was not the world's best job name
for what seems to be a new tool. Eventually all the good words in the
dictionary are taken, so duplication is normal, but it was simply the
Gmail "sponsored link" that made me aware of it. I bet this company is
benefiting nicely from discussions about Apache Maven driving traffic
to their Maven Enterprise Edition tool.

More than one F/OSS tool has been forced to change its name due to
trademark issues so this is just FYI... I can't imagine that would
happen, but stranger things have happened.

Wayne