Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/13 14:41:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge GitHub Discussions categories "Ideas" and "Show and Tell" into "General"

Hi,

From my experience in other projects, there's little difference between all
open-ended discussions. I suggest we merge the GitHub Discussions
categories "Ideas" and "Show and Tell" into "General" to reduce
decidophobia.

Thoughts?

Best,
tison.

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge GitHub Discussions categories "Ideas" and "Show and Tell" into "General"

Posted by Yu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi tison,

Thanks for bringing this up!

From the official explanations [1], there is a clear distinction line
between them, so users can choose desired/correct categories easily.

[1]
https://docs.github.com/en/discussions/managing-discussions-for-your-community/managing-categories-for-discussions#default-categories