Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Barlow, Keith" <Ke...@Cable.Comcast.com> on 2009/09/15 20:38:09 UTC

ODE selectionFault

Hiyas,

I am trying to use a BPEL created in NetBeans 6.5.1 on ODE and am
getting a selectionFailure when the process runs.  The BPEL seems to
work fine in OpenESB. I would like to use ODE though because OpenESB is
tied to the Glassfish Application Server; however, I have not been able
to find a suitable (relatively bug free) designer for Eclipse yet.  I am
hoping to write BPELs with the NetBeans designer and import them to
Eclipse to port to ODE.  The BPEL is supposed to be the same as long as
it is not vendor specific.

Anyway... here is the BPEL which is throwing the selectionFailure.  It's
a simple sample service that just invokes a service to convert an id
number to a name:

<process

    name="CustomerProcess"

    targetNamespace="http://soa.com/bpel/CustomerProcess"

    xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable"

xmlns:sxt="http://www.sun.com/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable/SUNExtension
/Trace"

xmlns:sxed="http://www.sun.com/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable/SUNExtensio
n/Editor"

    xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/bpel/CustomerProcess"
xmlns:bpel="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable">

    <import namespace="urn:com:soa"
location="localhost_8080/CustomerLookupService/CustomerLookupService.wsd
l" importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"/>

    <import namespace="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
location="CustomerProcessEsb.wsdl"
importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"/>

    <partnerLinks>

        <partnerLink name="NameServicePartnerLink"
xmlns:tns="urn:com:soa" partnerLinkType="tns:CustomerLookupService"
partnerRole="lookupRole"/>

        <partnerLink name="CustomerProcessPartnerLink"
xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
partnerLinkType="tns:CustomerProcessEsb"
myRole="CustomerProcessEsbPortTypeRole"/>

    </partnerLinks>

    <variables>

        <variable name="CustomerProcessEsbOperationOut"
xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
messageType="tns:CustomerProcessEsbOperationResponse"/>

        <variable name="GetCustomerFullNameOut" xmlns:tns="urn:com:soa"
messageType="tns:getCustomerFullNameResponse"/>

        <variable name="GetCustomerFullNameIn" xmlns:tns="urn:com:soa"
messageType="tns:getCustomerFullName"/>

        <variable name="CustomerProcessEsbOperationIn"
xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
messageType="tns:CustomerProcessEsbOperationRequest"/>

    </variables>

    <sequence>

        <receive name="ReceiveLookupRequest" createInstance="yes"
partnerLink="CustomerProcessPartnerLink"
operation="CustomerProcessEsbOperation"
xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
portType="tns:CustomerProcessEsbPortType"
variable="CustomerProcessEsbOperationIn"/>

        <assign name="Assign1">

            <copy>

<from>$CustomerProcessEsbOperationIn.getCustomerFullNameEsb/customerID</
from>

                <to>$GetCustomerFullNameIn.parameters/customerID</to>

            </copy>

        </assign>

        <invoke name="InvokeCustomerLookup"
partnerLink="NameServicePartnerLink" operation="getCustomerFullName"
xmlns:tns="urn:com:soa" portType="tns:CustomerLookupService"
inputVariable="GetCustomerFullNameIn"
outputVariable="GetCustomerFullNameOut"/>

        <assign name="Assign2">

            <copy>

<from>$GetCustomerFullNameOut.parameters/customerFullName</from>

<to>$CustomerProcessEsbOperationOut.getCustomerFullNameResponseEsb/custo
merFullName</to>

            </copy>

        </assign>

        <reply name="ReplyToClient"
partnerLink="CustomerProcessPartnerLink"
operation="CustomerProcessEsbOperation"
xmlns:tns="http://soa.com/wsdl/CustomerProcessEsb"
portType="tns:CustomerProcessEsbPortType"
variable="CustomerProcessEsbOperationOut"/>

    </sequence>

</process>

Is there anything obvious here that stands out which might cause the
selectionFailure fault?  What are some of the recommended ways to narrow
down which bpel activity is generating the fault?  Does ODE have more
verbose logging settings?

Thanks.

Keith