Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vinay Agarwal <Vi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/29 02:53:51 UTC

Guidance on creating help pages (like eBay's)

Hello,

I am in process of starting to build help pages/knowledge base for my site.
I am debating among the following choices-

1.      Create pages directly in ftl, link them through controller.xml. Fast
(no database hit), but no keywords or meta data and requires constant
modifications to controller.xml.

2.      Create help pages like cmssite. Does repeated database hits but
offers metadata functionality (am I correct?)  and no mods to
controller.xml. I am not sure if it has functionality to pick "most popular
5" out of the categories.

3.      Use external software (e.g. ActiveKB or phpKB) that have all the
features.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal