Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Arik Levin ( Tikal )" <ar...@businesslayers.co.il> on 2002/02/07 09:06:41 UTC

urgent!!!! HELP!!!! I have application to go... Dynamic Property.

Hello out there...

            I asked this question yesterday, but with no luck. No a single
comment.

             can anybody help me with this ????   HELP !!!! @#@#@#@#####

Hi everybody.

      I'm new at struts, but I have tried it and It's just what our company
wants to our project, and hey... you did a great job.

      BUT, I have to use some dynamic property because a lot of forms at our
app. is dynamic. Thus, I have found at the mailing list a
DynamicProperty zip file so... I have compiled it to the struts jar and did
the example but I have this small problem.

            At this section:

      <jsp:useBean id="mainForm" type="xtest.actions.DynPropForm"
scope="session"/>

<% for (java.util.Iterator iter =
mainForm.allDynamicPropertyNames().iterator(); iter.hasNext(); ) {
            String propName = (String)iter.next(); %>
<%=propName%>: <html:text property="<%=propName%>"/><br>
<%
    }
%>

            I get an Exception:  blab la...." Could instantiate bean
'mainForm', neither 'class' nor 'beanName' were specified "  bla.. bla..

            So as I see it, the bean thru struts is not in session scope, so
I don't have this bean so I'm  ...beeep!

            If someone out there can help me with this issue , it would be
great, but if not I think I'll have to write something else and I don't want
that !!!

            By the way, is there any chance to know when is the next release
???  thanx bye  Arik.

Re: urgent!!!! HELP!!!! I have application to go... Dynamic Property.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Personally, I'm never quite sure what people mean by "dynamic forms".

Are these being used with a "dynamic database" that creates fields on
the fly?

Given all the scriptlets, it's hard to tell what's wrong with your code.
Most often Struts pages are written using custom tags, with the
occaisonal runtime expression to plug a gap.

For more about building applications with Struts, see

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/index.html

and

http://www.husted.com/struts

For more about how releases are scheduled, see

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/kickstart.html#release

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

Posted by Patrick Refondini <pa...@jpnet.ch>.
I am new to using mailing lists but I guess  you'll find a reason for
the silence following your question by having a look at :

Hereafter a short part of it :

" (...)
Use meaningful, specific subject headers

On mailing lists or newsgroups, the subject header is your golden
opportunity to attract qualified experts' attention in around 50
characters or fewer. Don't waste it on babble like "Please help me" (let
alone "PLEASE HELP ME!!!!"; messages with subjects like that get
discarded by reflex). Don't try to impress us with the depth of your
anguish; use the space for a super-concise problem description instead.
(...)"

I hope it can help, Regards Patrick