Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Adrian Grajdeanu <ad...@cox.net> on 2002/07/21 18:20:55 UTC

where would be the best place for string utilities?

I am in need of strnicmp. It is available in Win32, but I know this is not
the case for most other platforms.
First of all, is it already in the apache code something I could use?
If not, where would be the best way to place it?
srclib/apr/include/apr_strings.h
and make platform specific subdirectories in
srclib/apr/strings

Thanx
Adrian

> I am in need of strnicmp. It is available in Win32, but I know this is not
> the case for most other platforms.
> First of all, is it already in the apache code something I could use?
> If not, where would be the best way to place it?
> srclib/apr/include/apr_strings.h
> and make platform specific subdirectories in
> srclib/apr/strings

You want to include apr_general.h and use strncasecmp().  :)

Sander