Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Scott Miller <sm...@slightlysuspect.com> on 2013/02/27 19:26:20 UTC

Severe Problem with one repo

Hi,

I am using  Subversion 1.6.12 (r955767 on an Ubuntu server.  SVN has been
up and running a long time and had very few, if any, problems.  Last week I
needed to make for new repos.  Three went just fine.

The fourth has been a problem.  Here is a history of what happened and what
I did.

I used svnadmin and created the repo on the server.

Using TortoiseSVN I checked it out to my Win7 desktopy.  I created
trunk,tags and branches folders and committed them to the repo.  Then I
took all the production code from our ubuntu server and copied it into a
subdirectory named public inside the trunk directory.  Everything went as
expected until this point.

Then I tried to commit all this code to the repo.  It failed due to lack of
disk space.  This turned out to be correct, I freed up disk space deleted
the repo directory and started the whole process again.  This time when I
went to commit all the code I got a Cannot write to the prototype revision
file of transaction '1-5' becasuse a previous reperesntation is currently
being written by another process.

I again deleted everything restarted the server, restarted my desktop.  It
still did not work.

I looked through the code I was trying to upload and found that at one
point it must have been part of some repo because in many subdirectories
there were .svn folders.  On my desktop I deleted them all.

This time I deleted and restarted everything and even used different folder
and directory names,  I still get an error.  Commit failed
Cannot write to the prototype revision file fo the transaction '1-1'
becasuse a previous reperesntation is currently being written by another
process.

Where do I go from here?

Scott

Severe Problem with one repo

Posted by Scott Miller <sm...@slightlysuspect.com>.
> There is only 1 libapr
>
>  ldd /usr/bin/svn
>         linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff4cfff000)
>         libsvn_client-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_client-1.so.1
> (0x00007fcf4ee7100
>

>                             0)
>         libsvn_wc-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_wc-1.so.1 (0x00007fcf4ec2a000)
>         libsvn_ra-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_ra-1.so.1 (0x00007fcf4ea1e000)
>         libsvn_delta-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_delta-1.so.1
> (0x00007fcf4e812000)
>         libsvn_diff-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_diff-1.so.1
> (0x00007fcf4e607000)
>         libsvn_subr-1.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsvn_subr-1.so.1
> (0x00007fcf4e3b8000)
>         libapr-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0 (0x00007fcf4e181000)
>         libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fcf4df64000)
>         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007fcf4dbe0000)
>         libaprutil-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0
(0x00007fcf4d9be000)

Re: Severe Problem with one repo

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Scott Miller <sm...@slightlysuspect.com>.
OK.

I rebooted the entire linux server
I ran netstat -an and did not see libapr, what did I do wrong?
All are on the same file system and mount point.

And all the repos are accesible from https

As I said the files start to upload then it fails.

Thanks.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Scott Miller <sm...@slightlysuspect.com>.
It did say by another process both times.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.