Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Cocaro <ma...@mulesoft.com.INVALID> on 2019/10/01 14:35:49 UTC

Additional Information on Apache Tomcat CVE-2018-8037

Apache Tomcat Users Team,

The purpose of this email is to request information regarding Apache Tomcat
CVE-2018-8037 <https://www.securityfocus.com/bid/104894/info> possibly
affecting version 8.0.X (particularly 8.0.53). The CVE was made public on
22-July-2018, after being privately disclosed on 16-Jun-2018. The EOL date
of Tomcat 8.0.X was 30-Jun-2018.

Reaching out to you to get confirmation on whether the CVE is confirmed to
not affect the version 8.0.X or if the CVE was not tested against such
version at all as its EOL date preceded the public disclosure.

Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Additional Information on Apache Tomcat CVE-2018-8037

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/10/2019 18:27, Martin Cocaro wrote:
> yes, upgrading to 8.5 is work in progress, but would want to have a
> conclusive test that the same scenario fails in 8.0.X. What is the best way
> to distribute the POC code and what is required from our end to get access
> to it?

Martin,

There is no PoC and even if there was we would not release it.

Mark

Re: Additional Information on Apache Tomcat CVE-2018-8037

Posted by Martin Cocaro <ma...@mulesoft.com.INVALID>.
yes, upgrading to 8.5 is work in progress, but would want to have a
conclusive test that the same scenario fails in 8.0.X. What is the best way
to distribute the POC code and what is required from our end to get access
to it?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Martin Cocaro <ma...@mulesoft.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for the confirmation! Much appreciated.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.