Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Timothy Reilly <tr...@prolifics.com> on 2007/06/04 18:31:43 UTC

MojoFailureException v. MojoExecutionException

MojoFailureException or MojoExecutionException....

I am wondering what the difference is between these two exception types?

The javadocs are identical. I am guessing the types are "markers", but this doesn't appear to be documented - or perhaps it is and I have missed it?

TIA

Re: MojoFailureException v. MojoExecutionException

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timothy,

Use MojoFailureException to throw new exceptions, wrap other exceptions in a
MojoExecutionException.

MojoFailureExceptions will cause the build to fail, resulting in a "BUILD
FAILURE" message.
MojoExecutionExceptions will cause the build to go in error, resulting in a
"BUILD ERROR" message.

Effective result is the same.. The build will stop.

Cheers
Jo