Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com> on 2011/03/11 00:55:06 UTC

Get Question

For the first time I am using a get to retrieve a record vs. a scan to pull back a bunch of records. I discovered that I am only seeing 239 Gets per second. This is causing my import time to go from 90 seconds to over 27 minutes. Any idea of what would be a 'normal' get rate?

Thanks

-Pete

Re: Get Question

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Depends on how well cached you are.

Remember, random gets require disk seeks.  239 gets/sec is 239 * 1-3
seeks/sec (1-3 store files per get appx).  So that seems reasonable
yes, sorry.

-ryan