Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Reid <al...@phiz.net> on 2002/03/19 18:38:27 UTC

Visual tools and custom tags

Is there any easy way of slightly enhancing the view a 'designer' gets when
working with JSP files containing <bean:write> and <nested:write> tags?
Currently when editing in DreamWeaver's visual mode they can't see any
'dynamic' text at all.

Speaking as someone with no experience in creating a taglib, would it be
difficult to modify the behaviour of these 'output' tags like so:

<nested:write property="name">Fred</nested:write>

ie: the dummy data (Fred) is replaced with the property value? I think this
would make the pages slightly easier for non-HTML savvy designers to edit.

I think this is how Enhydra handled things when I checked it out. But I want
to stay with JSP, not XMLC. I think Zope has something similar now too.

Cheers

Alex
Newcastle, UK