Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Khawaja Shams <ks...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/22 08:09:27 UTC

removeAbandoned in dbcp 2.2

Hello,   I noticed that the setRemoveAbandoned and other associated methods
are deprecated in 1.2.2.  The javadocs did not contain any explanation as to
why it is abandoned, and the configuration page still shows these properties
as configurable.  BasicDataSourceFactory in fact calls this method.  Is
there a reason for this deprecation? Does it still do what I may believe it
is doing? Thanks.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams

Re: removeAbandoned in dbcp 2.2

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Khawaja Shams wrote:
> Hello,   I noticed that the setRemoveAbandoned and other associated methods
> are deprecated in 1.2.2.  The javadocs did not contain any explanation as to
> why it is abandoned, and the configuration page still shows these properties
> as configurable.  BasicDataSourceFactory in fact calls this method.  Is
> there a reason for this deprecation? Does it still do what I may believe it
> is doing? Thanks.

These methods should work as advertised.  They were deprecated several
years ago when some of the developers active at that time thought that
DBCP should not try to track and cleanup abandoned connections.  The
functionality is still there; however, and there is no immediate plan to
remove it.

Phil