Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/02/08 19:30:54 UTC

[general] problem debugging w/ eclipse

I'm trying to get my eclipse (3.2.1) working for debugging harmony in
ubuntu on parallels.

I've followed the movie on the website, but I can't seem to get
Harmony (using j9 vme v4) to run a testcase (let alone debug).

The error that I see :

Exception in thread "(unnamed thread)" java/lang/Error: Unresolved
compilation problem:
         VM cannot be resolved

         at java/lang/String.intern (String.java:1091)
         at java/lang/Class.getName (Class.java:1011)
         at java/lang/Throwable.toString (Throwable.java:267)
         at java/lang/J9VMInternals.copyThrowable (J9VMInternals.java:
227)
         at java/lang/J9VMInternals.initialize (J9VMInternals.java:184)
JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library jclclear_23(14):
JVMJ9VM009E J9VMDllMain failed
HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
FAILED to invoke JVM.

I'm sure I'm doing something simple and stupid.  Anyone have a hint?

geir

Re: [general] problem debugging w/ eclipse

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I figured it out - I had put the RI lib on the project build path to
get Eclipse to calm down about things like finding j.l.Object, but
that seems to have gotten in the way.

Once that was removed, all is well.

geir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.