Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chetan Pandey <cp...@bluesingapore.com> on 2006/10/16 04:42:12 UTC

Faking a Submit in JSP Page

Hi All:

I have a Dropdown which on change must go to Server Side for certain
processing.

I have a onClick Event which does that. But the problem is I must record the
value of other Form Elements and take them alsong with me which is unduly
cumbersome.

Somebody has ssuggested if you can fake a Submit when the drop-down changes,
you will not have to worry abt the values of other fiels.

So can anyone pls suggest if there is such a way that a "onChange" event on
my "select" Field causes "submit to happen.

Thanks,

Chetan

Re: Faking a Submit in JSP Page

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

User a javascript to submit the form,

eg:-
function submitForm (actionUrl) {

document.forms[0].action = actionUrl;

document.forms[0].submit();

}

and call the method in the onchange event of the select

Thanks,

Nuwan.