Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mandjeo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 15:53:29 UTC

Acknowledge sending of a message to the producer

Dear all,

I would like to acknowledge the sending of a message to the producer, from
the plugin that I wrote, so that it can return from the send() method.
So the situation is the following:
  From a client program MessageProducer.send() method is called.
  I wrote the plugin that overrides BrokerFilter.send() method.
  Inside my plugin I want to grab the message and do something with it
latter (and not to call super.send() instantly)

The problem is that my client application stays stuck on the
MessageProducer.send() method.

Is there a method that I can call to acknowledge the sending so that my
client application can continue.
I know about useAsyncSend parameter but if you set it to true, does it
guarantee that my plugin's send method will be called or it can be that
producer returned back from the send message and my plugin didn't notice
anything?

If you need more details please ask...

Thanks in advance...