Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com> on 2014/05/09 18:00:53 UTC

Nasty regression bug in 4.3 on KVM with advanced networking

All,

If any of you plan to upgrade to 4.3 and use advanced networking with traffic labels on KVM, you may want to reconsider. JIRA is tracking a regression bug that will break VR routing.

The issues details are here: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6464> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6464. Especially take note of Serg's comments in the first comment post.

We somehow missed this in our lab testing, and it created a rather long night of downgrading our production system back to our previous release on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (and having to redeploy all the redundant VRs again with an older image).

If someone could update the 4.3 release notes to comment on this bug, I think it would be appreciate by others so they can avoid this release until the issue is looked at.

- Si

Re: Nasty regression bug in 4.3 on KVM with advanced networking

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.

I really think this issue should be fixed in 4.3.1 as it can't wait for the 4.4 release. It makes the 4.3 branch completely unusable with KVM hypervisors, which I think is a large proportion of the cloudstack's userbase

The Download section of the ACS should have a red box saying that if you are using KVM stay away from 4.3 release until further notice. This will at least make people aware of the problem instead of them finding out the hard way, getting frustrated and moving away from acs to other cloud platforms.

Andrei