Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/19 04:04:26 UTC

[J2] Bug with getPortletApplicationEntity()

Guys,

I am quite close to completed my user attributes
mapping implementation.  However, I am running into an
issue where

portletWindow.getPortletEntity().getPortletApplicationEntity();

returns null when the API specifies that it should
never return null.

Just wondering if anyone had run into that problem
before.

Regards,

David.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@apache.org>.
Fresh checkout
Build with Tomcat 4 and MySQL
No build or junit errors build and deployment was successful

Roger

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 21, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Scott T Weaver wrote:

> This is fixed by removing the proxy="dynamic" from the class
> descriptor.  I would suggest using proxies only in collection
> descriptors for now, which works fine.  We can address the dynamic
> proxies/classloading issues at a later date as that is less of an issue
> than getting all sub projects using the same release of OJB.
>
> p.s.
> In regards to dynamic proxies.  Since, TMK, we are not seeing any
> issues
> with performance and since they tend to cause more problems then they
> solve, I propose we limit the use of dynamic proxies until we are
> positive they work 100% of the time in all situations.

I removed all dynamic proxies
Now Im getting a class not found error on o.a.jprefs.om.impl.NodeImpl

Im still wondering if we are having a simple class loader problem
Since this exception occurs within the context of the /security portlet
application,
Im wondering if the cross context class loader is failing to find the
prefs jar

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Scott T Weaver wrote:

> Hi Ate,
>
> Can you re-create JS2-47 patch from the current HEAD.  I tried to apply
> the one you posted, but I am not having any luck.
Its already applied (yesterday) by David Le Strat. So you don't need to
apply it. Try to do an update. Note however: if you use Eclipse doing an
update from Eclipse will be a problem because the .classpath update
won't work: its locked by Eclipse itself. You can try to do it from the
command line or (as I usually do) do a fresh full checkout.

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Hi Ate,

Can you re-create JS2-47 patch from the current HEAD.  I tried to apply
the one you posted, but I am not having any luck.

Thanks,

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 13:56, Ate Douma wrote:
> Scott T Weaver wrote:

> >>Scott,
> >>
> >> From your top-posting style response, Im left wondering if you are
> >>responding to my issue or David Le Strat's.
> >>Are you saying that we need to remove the proxy=dynamic in order to fix
> >>the RowReader error
> >>or are the errors one and the same?
> >
> > Sorry about that.  Yes, it looks like that when OJB generates the proxy
> > class (RC6) it must be putting a RowReader object in the proxy instance
> > (need to verify that though).  I have a funny feeling that if you put
> > the OJB jar in the shared/lib and kept proxy=dynamic the ClassNotFound
> > would go away.
> No. And you get new type of errors. I've tried that before and it didn't
> help. I haven't got a stack trace lying around anymore but you can
> easily test it out.

> >>Yes Im 100% with you on that -- lets not push any of OJB's advanced
> >>features that are not well tested in test cases

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
* -------------------------------------- *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 21, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Scott T Weaver wrote:

> This is fixed by removing the proxy="dynamic" from the class
> descriptor.  I would suggest using proxies only in collection
> descriptors for now, which works fine.  We can address the dynamic
> proxies/classloading issues at a later date as that is less of an issue
> than getting all sub projects using the same release of OJB.

Scott,

 From your top-posting style response, Im left wondering if you are

Re: [J2] Broken Build

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks David,

I just read your commit, the issue is weird.
I am actually looking into it but it seems that the
upgrade to RC6 caused other issues.  isUserInRole is
also breaking now.  I am trying to narrow down the
problem.

I am now getting the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletApplicationLocalizedFieldImpl

Regards,

David.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
I have seen corrupted jars come down through Maven before, it's not
completely uncommon.

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 15:18, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> On May 19, 2004, at 6:57 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
> > This is from a fresh checkout
> > As an aside, I think we need to look into getting better error
> > messages for script failures
> > Its pretty difficult to figure out where the error is in the script
> >
> > The error is occurring when the RequestContext goes to load its
> > dependency on the new UserInfoManager component
> >

> I finally got the UserInfoManager component to assemble,  by deleting
> my entire Maven repository (local)
> So I don't really have a good reason as to why it failed to assemble in
> the Groovy script
> Perhaps a jar was corrupted ...

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
* -------------------------------------- *

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
This is from a fresh checkout
As an aside, I think we need to look into getting better error messages
for script failures
Its pretty difficult to figure out where the error is in the script

The error is occurring when the RequestContext goes to load its
dependency on the new UserInfoManager component

I've got to leave for the day, so I won't be responding to emails
unless I can find some time at lunch break

     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestAggregator
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.455
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.TestRenderer
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.415
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.cache.file.TestFileCache
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 12.699
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.capability.TestCapability
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.925
sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.container.session.TestNavigationalState
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.833
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.container.TestPortletContainer
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.652
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.TestSimpleDeployment
     [junit] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed).
     [junit] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
     [junit] groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find which
method to invoke from this list: [public org.picoco
ntainer.defaults.ComponentParameter(java.lang.Class), public
org.picocontainer.defaults.ComponentParameter(java.lang.Obj
ect)] for arguments: []
     [junit]     at
groovy.lang.MetaClass.chooseMethod(MetaClass.java:1104)
     [junit]     at
groovy.lang.MetaClass.invokeConstructor(MetaClass.java:323)
     [junit]     at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.Invoker.invokeConstructorOf(Invoker.java:
148)
     [junit]     at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeConstructorOf(InvokerHel
per.java:120)
     [junit]     at nanocontainer.run(nanocontainer.groovy:202)
     [junit]     at
org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder.createContainer(G
roovyContainerBuilder.java:57
)
     [junit]     at
org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContaine
r(LifecycleContainerBuilder.j
ava:25)
     [junit]     at
org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
     [junit]     at
org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.
java:77)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.
java:288)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:116)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.test.JetspeedTestSuite.startEngine(JetspeedTestSuite
.java:104)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.test.JetspeedTestSuite.<init>(JetspeedTestSuite.java
:76)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.TestSimpleDeployment.suite(TestSimpleDepl
oyment.java:78)
     [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     [junit]     at
a:39)
     [junit]     at
Impl.java:25)
     [junit]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:257)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:210)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:532)
     [junit] org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed
Initialization exception!
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:138)
[...]
     [junit] Caused by: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not
[...]
     [junit]     ... 11 more
     [junit] org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Unable to
create Engine
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:70)
[...]
     [junit] Caused by: org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException:
Jetspeed Initialization exception!
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:138)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
     [junit]     ... 10 more
[...]
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.451
sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.TestSimpleDeployment FAILED
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.om.page.TestPageObjectModel
[...]
org.apache.jetspeed.om.page.TestPageObjectModel.suite(TestPageObjectMode
l.java:71)
[...]
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.441
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.page.TestCastorXmlPageManager
     [junit] Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4.207
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.page.TestDatabasePageManager
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.633
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.TestPipeline
[...]
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.TestPipeline.suite(TestPipeline.java:66)
[...]
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.441
sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.TestPipeline
FAILED
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.TestProfiler
     [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4.646
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.jmx.TestJMX
[...]
org.apache.jetspeed.services.jmx.TestJMX.suite(TestJMX.java:75)
[...]
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.431
sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestJetspeedPortletDescriptor
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 2.914
sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletDescriptor
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4.967
sec
     [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletDescriptorSecurityRoles
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4.517
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.tools.TestWebXML
[...]
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.TestWebXML.suite(TestWebXML.java:47)
[...]
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.501
sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.userinfo.TestUserInfoManager
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 6.239
sec

BUILD FAILED
File...... file:/C:/temp/jakarta-jetspeed-2/maven.xml
Element... maven:reactor
Line...... 151
Column.... 40

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Re: [J2] Borken Build

Re: [J2] Bug with getPortletApplicationEntity()

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 18, 2004, at 7:04 PM, David Le Strat wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am quite close to completed my user attributes
> mapping implementation.  However, I am running into an
> issue where
>
> portletWindow.getPortletEntity().getPortletApplicationEntity();
>
> returns null when the API specifies that it should
> never return null.
>
> Just wondering if anyone had run into that problem
> before.

Nope but I've ran into the problem where the build is broken (again)

Until its fixed, recommend checking out from the date 2004-05-18
14:55:00 CDT