Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by 王亮 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/08 03:32:44 UTC

use.ip but not host name?

I want to trace ip address of drillbits, but not host name. I find the
use.ip:false in drill-on-yarn-example.conf and also USE_IP_ADDRESS
in ExecConstants.java.

But when I set use.ip:true, I still find the host name for endpoint, but
not ip address.

Is there an easy way to use ip address? It may be useful for debug and
binding the special ip.

Re: use.ip but not host name?

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think it can be implemented. You can create a Jira ticket with a detailed
description.
If you conected via JDBC/ODBC you can find ip addres in the
sqlline_queries.json
or drillbit_queries.json audit logs [1].
It will be useful to have IP address of nodes in Drill WebUI and  also by
running query:
select * from sys.drillbits;

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4584

Kind regards