Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/09 16:09:49 UTC

The time that init.d script waits before shutdown should be configurable

The time that init.d script waits before shutdown should be configurable

The 5 seconds is not enough to all my shards notify the shutdown and the
process ends with a kill command

I think that in solr.in.sh should exists a entry to configure the time to
wait before use a kill command

-----
Best regards

Re: The time that init.d script waits before shutdown should be configurable

Posted by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi>.
If you're still going the shell script way, I'd suggest incorporating my
changes (patch attached to the issue). It allows waiting for a longer
time but only as long as necessary (like it already does during startup).

--Ere

--
Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland

Re: The time that init.d script waits before shutdown should be configurable

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
Patch attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8065

The windows script is voodo for me :D, I haven’t the knowledge to port this to cmd script.

—/Yago Riveiro

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Yago,