Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Ulf Dittmer <ul...@ulfdittmer.com> on 2005/10/23 16:13:06 UTC

use of ClassLoaders?

Hello-

In a WSPasswordCallback on the server I'm trying to access the
underlying Tomcat classes, in order to authenticate against the active
Realm (this uses PasswordText, so I have username and pasword). But
trying to access the org.apache.catalina.ServerFactory class, through
which Tomcat can be accessed, throws a NoClassDefFoundError. My guess
is that the ClassLoader used by WSS4J (I'm using version 1.1.0) does
not delegate the request up the chain. The question is, is that
intentional, and is there maybe a way round this?

Thanks in advance,
Ulf