Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by patric <pa...@zedcommerce.com> on 2006/08/07 12:57:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Finding out what apache was compiled with

Hi guys

I have decided to install mod_backhand for load balancing on a few servers, and need to compile apache with it in.
This is the first time I will be doing this, and have read over the documentation, and am ready to go.
What I would like to know is how to find out what apache was compiled with on my current install, so that if something goes wrong I can get the system back to its current state.

Im quite new to this, so any help or pointers would REALLY be appreciated! :-)

Thanx a heap!
Patric

Re: [users@httpd] Finding out what apache was compiled with

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/7/06, patric <pa...@zedcommerce.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I have decided to install mod_backhand for load balancing on a few servers, and need to compile apache with it in.
> This is the first time I will be doing this, and have read over the documentation, and am ready to go.
> What I would like to know is how to find out what apache was compiled with on my current install, so that if something goes wrong I can get the system back to its current state.
>
> Im quite new to this, so any help or pointers would REALLY be appreciated! :-)

If you are using a recent version, look for the file config.nice in
the build/ directory.

If not, you can play with some of the httpd command line options to
get some info, but it is pretty-much impossible to find out the exact
compile options.

Joshua.