Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 00:30:35 UTC

Is there a way to also copy source jars using dependency plugin?

Our project has written a "jar extractor" that uses the dependency plugin to
build a directory of jars from the Maven repository for a project. These
jars are to be used by a non-Maven project (which eventually will be
converted to Maven, only not yet). We would also like to include the source
jars associated with the same compile artifacts.

Is there a way to also copy source jars using dependency plugin?

TIA

Re: Is there a way to also copy source jars using dependency plugin?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:30 PM, stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:>
> Our project has written a "jar extractor" that uses the dependency plugin to
> build a directory of jars from the Maven repository for a project. These
> jars are to be used by a non-Maven project (which eventually will be
> converted to Maven, only not yet). We would also like to include the source
> jars associated with the same compile artifacts.
>
> Is there a way to also copy source jars using dependency plugin?

The '-sources' bit of the filename is a classifier... so try it with
<classifier>sources</classifier>.

If that doesn't help, paste some of your config so we can see what
you're trying to do.

--
Wendy