Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Houts <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/15 06:37:14 UTC

Memory leak in SolrCloud 4.6

I am running a SolrCloud 4.6 cluster with three solr nodes and three
external zookeeper nodes. Each Solr node has 12GB RAM. 8GB RAM dedicated to
the JVM.

When solr is started it consumes barely 1GB but over the course of 36 to 48
hours physical memory will be consumed and swap will be used. The i/o
latency of using swap will soon make the machine so slow that it will
become unresponsive.

Has anyone had experience with memory leaks in this version?

Regards,

M Houts

Re: Memory leak in SolrCloud 4.6

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Mark,
Can you tell us bit more about your index and load. Why do you thing
there is a leak? If you give that memory to JVM it will use it and you
gave most of it to JVM. Only 4GB is left for OS and disk caches. Since
swap is enabled, it might swap some JVM pages. It seems to me like
completely valid scenario. Try running Solr wiith smaller heap and set
swappines to 1. What OS do you use?

Thanks,
Emir