Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Kyle Adams <ka...@gfs.com> on 2001/08/31 16:22:47 UTC

Getting started with Gump

I'm currently revamping our company's build process to utilize Ant scripts generated from XML project definitions via XSLT.  I've heard Gump mentioned several times on the ant-user list, and I've seen the HTML pages produced by Gump on the Jakarta build.  I'm very impressed, and I think Gump would solve some problems (inter-project dependencies for one) I'm currently struggling with.  When I started looking around the Alexandria site for downloadables, I couldn't find any.  It seems that the only way of obtaining Alexandria (and more specifically Gump) is via CVS.  This presents a problem as the ports used by CVS are closed on our corporate firewall.

Question #1: Is there another way I might be able to obtain Alexandria or even just Gump?  Question #2: What is the relationship between Gump and Alexandria?  As far as I've been able to gather, Gump is a subproject of Alexandria.  Beyond that, can one use Gump without getting the rest of Alexandria?  Question #3: What exactly does Gump do/what are Gump's features?

Kyle