Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Simon Liang <Sl...@verticalnet.com> on 2001/06/15 22:38:54 UTC

The right way in Struts

Hi guys:

I consider myself fairly new to Strut. I have done a login flow that allows
user to edit his/her profile.

The login workflow is simple using the Struts framework:
Map the login screen form to a form bean, then the action bean login the
user and forward to the useredit.jsp upon a successful login.

But once I forward to the useredit.jsp, i am out of the Struts workflow.
The useredit.jsp would need to display the current user info for editing.
How best is to do this within the Struts framework? The idea I have is to
retrieve the user profile object and save in the session(to be done within
the login action class). Then in the useredit.jsp, i can get the object back
to display. Is this the right way in Struts or am I violating the Struts
framework?

Please advice!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cy

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.