Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jared Klett <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/13 22:02:37 UTC

Question about MessageContext.setTimeout()

hello all,

I would like to know what the meaning of the value behind the
getTimeout() and setTimeout() methods in the
org.apache.axis.MessageContext class.

Is that the number of milliseconds until the context is disposed of?
that is, it will stick around in memory on the server until that time
has elapsed?

It appears that the default value is 600000 milliseconds, or 10
minutes. That seems like an awfully long time. I was considering
setting the timeout down to 30 seconds, since my web service is
handling a lot of concurrent requests.

Any thoughts and/or advice? thanks!

cheers,

- Jared