Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by em...@yahoo.it on 2006/05/28 14:59:40 UTC

Problem with asserts

I have a problem using bcel with the asserts:
when I use an assert, it adds some instructions into the <clinit> method.
The first of this instructions is an ldc_w, that take only one operand, and not two operand as in the standard definition.
So, when I change the <clinit> method in another point, when I write it whit bcel this instruction is changed to take two operand: obbiusly, the following instructions are wrong, because they take the wrong byte.

There is one way to solve this problem or not?

Thanks

Erik Bengtson <er...@jpox.org> ha scritto:  I dont know of any books, but the BCEL API maps very nicelly to JVM
instructions, so after undertanding how JVM instructions works I was able to
use BCEL. The first link is very handy:
http://mrl.nyu.edu/~meyer/jvmref/
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/VMSpecTOC.doc.html
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html