Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kook04 <kr...@srcinc.com> on 2015/04/20 15:05:52 UTC

Trying to send email from Camel and having no success. Please help.

Hello all,

I am new to Camel, please bear with me.  I've searched and searched, but I
cannot find the resolution to my issue.  I am trying to send an email using
Camel (within Apache ServiceMix), but cannot get it to work.  I get the
following exception:

apache.camel.ResolveEndpointFailedException: Failed to resolve endpoint:
smtp://apollo.srcinc.com?password=xxxx&username=kroberts due to: No
component found with scheme: smtp

Anything I've found with people have similar problems, the responses always
say "add camel-mail" to your pom as a dependency.  I've already done that,
and no change.  It just seems to me that something is missing from the
ServiceMix runtime that Camel needs to create the SMTP endpoint.

If anyone has any tips or information that may help me, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you,
-Kennedy

Re: Trying to send email from Camel and having no success. Please help.

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
The answer of your question is in my answer I already posted.

mvn camel:run

Posted by contactreji <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Did you try a standalone run in the IDE itself with maven camel plugin?
Before attempting that, add camel-mail dependency in ur POM.xml file.

Cheers
Reji

-----
Reji Mathews
Sr. Developer - Middleware Integration / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB )
LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a
Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: Trying to send email from Camel and having no success. Please help.

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
I just tried with a fresh ServiceMix 5.1.4 and it works sending mail.

Are you sure you got Camel-mail as Active?:

[ 206] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   50] camel-mail (2.13.3)

try to run your code you have written with mvn camel:run and see if the
problem still persists.

Regards
Morgan

Posted by kook04 <kr...@srcinc.com>.

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Which version of ServiceMix are you using?

Regards
Morgan

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Install camel-mail in servicemix from its shell by typing

features:install camel-mail

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM, kook04 <kr...@srcinc.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to Camel, please bear with me.  I've searched and searched, but I
> cannot find the resolution to my issue.  I am trying to send an email using
> Camel (within Apache ServiceMix), but cannot get it to work.  I get the
> following exception:
>
> apache.camel.ResolveEndpointFailedException: Failed to resolve endpoint:
> smtp://apollo.srcinc.com?password=xxxx&username=kroberts due to: No
> component found with scheme: smtp
>
> Anything I've found with people have similar problems, the responses always
> say "add camel-mail" to your pom as a dependency.  I've already done that,
> and no change.  It just seems to me that something is missing from the
> ServiceMix runtime that Camel needs to create the SMTP endpoint.
>
> If anyone has any tips or information that may help me, I would greatly
> appreciate it.
>
> Thank you,
> -Kennedy

Claus Ibsen