Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/03 23:27:14 UTC

Supported JDK version

Hello,

Is it possible to compile Guacamole 1.0.0 client with JDK 11?

This version of JDK is default in Ubuntu 18.04, but it fails to
compile the client. Switching to JDK 8 fixes the issue.

It may be a maven issue as well, so I wonder if anybody succeeded in
compiling with latest JDK.

Thanks and regards,
Marko

Re: Supported JDK version

Posted by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

The error with JDK 11 on Ubuntu 18.04 is the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.3:jar
(attach-javadocs) on project guacamole-common: MavenReportException:
Error while generating Javadoc: Unable to find javadoc command: The
environment variable JAVA_HOME is not correctly set. -> [Help 1]

But it looks like it is maven issue, the one reported here:
The directory structure of the latest JDK is changed and the
maven-javadoc-plugin search for the javadoc command on the wrong
place. Upgrading the plugin version in the pom.xml does not help, the
same error happens with the latest javadoc-plugin.

I switched back to JDK 8, it looks like too many fixes are needed for JDK 11.

Regards,
Marko

Regards,
Marko