Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geet Chandra <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 03:05:16 UTC

Re: How to configure certificate file (*.cer) in Tomcat 6

Thanks Chris!!!

Please tell steps to configure *.cer certificate file.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Thanks & Regards
Geet

Re: How to configure certificate file (*.cer) in Tomcat 6

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 02/02/2012 05:06, Geet Chandra wrote:
> Thanks Dale!!!

Please stop top-posting.  Please post your reply below each relevant
part of the previous email.

> Few more questions

Like this.

> 1. As I have exported *.cer as I have using Digital Badge in Internet
> Explorer.Can I use the same *.cer to configure in server.xml.If not, how
> can I generate the same file.

Huh?

 http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=digital+badge

> 2. How can I generate ca2cert.pem file to use in server.xml
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Dale Ogilvie <Da...@trimble.com>wrote:
>
>> FYI, Here's how we did it with APR for local workstation SSL.
>>
>> Download APR from here: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi
>>
>> Copy the files (openssl.exe and tc-native.dll)  into the tomcat bin
>> directory
>>
>> Set up your SSL connector, pointing to your CA signed server
>> SSLCertificateFile and the CA as SSLCACertificateFile:
>>
>> <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
>>               maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
>>               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>>               SSLCertificateFile="c:/temp/localhost.cer"
>>               SSLCACertificateFile="c:/temp/ca2cert.pem"
>>               />

[key:62590808]

Re: How to configure certificate file (*.cer) in Tomcat 6

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: How to configure certificate file (*.cer) in Tomcat 6

Posted by Geet Chandra <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dale!!!

Few more questions

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: How to configure certificate file (*.cer) in Tomcat 6