Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/11 03:52:08 UTC

Setting up Tapestry source code in Eclipse

Hi, guys!

How do you setup the Tapestry sources in Eclipse package or packages? I've
checked out the trunk into a project, but it isn't recognized as a Java
project even after a 'gradle eclipse'. I've tried to import the
subprojects one by one by doing an import from existing folder.
tapestry-ioc doesn't compile due to lack of EasyMock in the classpath, but
this shouldn't happen, as tapestry-ioc depends on tapestry-test and the
latter depends on EasyMock. Weird.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Setting up Tapestry source code in Eclipse

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 09:53:15 -0300, Igor Drobiazko
<ig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for putting it on github. I don't think we should have two different
> APIs for the same thing. We have a new URL rewriting api now and the old
> one is deprecated. If somebody needs to use the "old" stuff, just create
> a new project on github.

I disagree (just because the old URL rewriting API was part of Tapestry
itself) but I'll follow your advice.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1 for putting it on github. I don't think we should have two different
APIs for the same thing. We have a new URL rewriting api now and the old
one is deprecated. If somebody needs to use the "old" stuff, just create a
new project on github.

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 May 2012 13:06:33 -0300, Denis Stepanov
> > <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I ended up figuring out what Denis described above and then I managed to
> get
> > everything set up now. By the way, is anyone against me creating a
> separate
> > subproject to provide the old URL rewriter API? I need it for a project
> of
> > mine and, from some recent messages in the mailing list, it seems more
> > suitable for some scenarios that the LinkTransformer API. I'm also
> thinking
>
> A separate sub-project as part of Tapestry? That sounds weird in a lot
> of ways - so far, we haven't had any separately releasable modules and
> we don't have any examples of competing implementations from different
> committers. Why not just put it on github?
>
> Kalle

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

Re: Setting up Tapestry source code in Eclipse

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 12 May 2012 02:29:20 -0300, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A separate sub-project as part of Tapestry? That sounds weird in a lot
> of ways - so far, we haven't had any separately releasable modules and
> we don't have any examples of competing implementations from different
> committers. Why not just put it on github?

Because it used to be part of Tapestry itself. This package would be a
backward-compatibility one (partial, as it doesn't include other stuff
removed in 5.3). I don't think they really compete because they have
radically different approaches. And when people in the mailing list start
advocating not-Tapestry solutions for URL rewriting needs, I think there's
something we should improve.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gradle's eclipse plugin doesn't include provided project dependencies,
> you need to add them manualy (Java Build Path - Projects - Add
> tapestry-test). Plugin also generates root eclipse project, delete
> ".project" in the root folder and then you can import all projects at
> once.

I ended up figuring out what Denis described above and then I managed to
get everything set up now. By the way, is anyone against me creating a
separate subproject to provide the old URL rewriter API? I need it for a
project of mine and, from some recent messages in the mailing list, it
seems more suitable for some scenarios that the LinkTransformer API. I'm
also thinking of providing a nicer way to deal with outgoing links in the
rewriter API which is mostly the same as the LinkTransformer one.

Thanks, guys!

Posted by Denis Stepanov <de...@gmail.com>.
Gradle's eclipse plugin doesn't include provided project dependencies, you need to add them manualy (Java Build Path - Projects - Add tapestry-test). Plugin also generates root eclipse project, delete ".project" in the root folder and then you can import all projects at once.

Denis

May 11, 2012 v 5:47 PM, Taha Siddiqi:

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Me too :)

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, guys!
>
> How do you setup the Tapestry sources in Eclipse package or packages? I've
> checked out the trunk into a project, but it isn't recognized as a Java
> project even after a 'gradle eclipse'. I've tried to import the subprojects
> one by one by doing an import from existing folder. tapestry-ioc doesn't
> compile due to lack of EasyMock in the classpath, but this shouldn't
> happen, as tapestry-ioc depends on tapestry-test and the latter depends on
> EasyMock. Weird.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
> and instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

Re: Setting up Tapestry source code in Eclipse

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Hope there isn't a real problem here ... I use IntelliJ now, so I'm
not sure what's happened; it may come down to which version of Gradle
you are using.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, guys!
>
> How do you setup the Tapestry sources in Eclipse package or packages? I've
> checked out the trunk into a project, but it isn't recognized as a Java
> project even after a 'gradle eclipse'. I've tried to import the subprojects
> one by one by doing an import from existing folder. tapestry-ioc doesn't
> compile due to lack of EasyMock in the classpath, but this shouldn't happen,
> as tapestry-ioc depends on tapestry-test and the latter depends on EasyMock.
> Weird.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry