Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/06/01 09:28:44 UTC

Crazy, defiant, or simply disrespectful?

Is it me or did Ole just yesterday say he'll stop with the sonnets?

I'm a bit amazed and shocked by this.  Perhaps he's just perplexed.

Alex

Re: Crazy, defiant, or simply disrespectful?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Got it - Thanks.  I'm think I'm going to go through newline withdrawal
though.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 6/1/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only other thing I can imagine then is that the paragraphs should be
> wider.
> Then are we are happy?

Ole, we will be happy if you simply respect what we already told you :
stop using newlines all over your mails.

Thanks.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Crazy, defiant, or simply disrespectful?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Mostly Crazy I think....
Um....What I tried to do here is
create labeled paragraphs sort of
like what we see in magazines, etc.
When you are talking about sonnets,
I thought you were talking putting spaces
between each line.  Like if I were to take
this paragraph and do this:

Mostly Crazy I think....

Um....What I tried to do here is
create labeled paragraphs sort of
like what we see in magazines, etc.

When you are talking about sonnets,
I thought you were talking putting spaces
between each line.  Like if I were to take
this paragraph and do this:
Etc.
The only other deal I can imagine then is that
the paragraphs should be wider.
So if I take the above sentence and do this:

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Is it me or did Ole just yesterday say he'll stop with the sonnets?
>
> I'm a bit amazed and shocked by this.  Perhaps he's just perplexed.

My bet is that Ole is too much used with his way of typing mails to quit
this habit straight away :) Give him a chance !

Ole, if you read this mail, take a screw driver, and pop your enter key
off your keyboard. Or put a pin on it. Or make the Enter key emit a
strident beeeeep each time you hit it.

Pavlov was plain right ... But it works both way, too ;)

Emmanuel

PS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph :
"A *paragraph* is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing> dealing with a particular point
or idea <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea>, or the words of an author.
The start of a paragraph is indicated by *beginning on a new line and
ending without running to the next passage*"