Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by "Peter G. Lane" <la...@mcs.anl.gov> on 2003/04/18 01:08:53 UTC

Type Mapping Problem with Axis in WSIF

I'm having a problem getting a simpleType mapping to be correct and I can't quite figure out where
the trouble is starting.  The mapping looks like it is comming out of the default mapping
convention, but the type should be mapped automatically by Axis.

xml type:
	{http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2003/03/OGSI}ExtendedDateTimeType
obtained Java type:
	class org.gridforum.www.namespaces._2003._03.OGSI.ExtendedDateTimeType
expected Java type:
	class org.gridforum.ogsi.ExtendedDateTimeType

The relevant WSDL snippet is as follows:
     <simpleType name="ExtendedDateTimeType">
       <union memberTypes="ogsi:InfinityType xsd:dateTime"/>
     </simpleType>

     <simpleType name="InfinityType">
       <restriction base="string">
         <enumeration value="infinity"/>
       </restriction>
     </simpleType>

Could this be something in WSIF or more likely in Axis?

Thanks!
Peter

P.S. Just for reference, the error that lead to my investigation is as follows:
<system-err><![CDATA[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
»···at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializerFactory.<init>(SimpleDeserializerFactory.java:94)
»···at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.registerDynamicTypes(Unknown Source)
»···at org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.prepare(Unknown Source)
»···at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.invokeRequestResponseOperation(Unknown
Source)
»···at
org.apache.wsif.providers.soap.apacheaxis.WSIFOperation_ApacheAxis.executeRequestResponseOperation(Unknown
Source)
»···at
org.globus.ogsa.client.wsif.test.CounterServiceTestCase.executeOpAdd(CounterServiceTestCase.java:95)
»···at
org.globus.ogsa.client.wsif.test.CounterServiceTestCase.doit1DIICounterPortType(CounterServiceTestCase.java:74)
»···at
org.globus.ogsa.client.wsif.test.CounterServiceTestCase.testDoit1DIICounterPortTypeCounterPort(CounterServiceTestCase.java:240)
. . .