Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Kevin Klues <kl...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/20 23:02:09 UTC

Removing the External Containerizer

Hello all,

The 'external' containerizer has been deprecated since August and we
are now considering removing it permanently before the 0.29 release.
Are there any objections to this?

The following JIRA suggests that Hadoop on Mesos was still using the
External containerizer format.

However, it looks like this has been fixed in:
https://github.com/mesos/hadoop/pull/68

Is anyone else still using the external containerizer and would like
to see it persist a bit longer?

--
~Kevin

Re: Removing the External Containerizer

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1 For remove this eventually, since modularization become a more
recommended way.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Removing the External Containerizer

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.
Hey,

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1 For remove this eventually, since modularization become a more
recommended way.

My concern is should we drop this after we finish container modularization?
Because there is no way to implement custom containerizer during the
interval between removing the external containerizer and supporting
container modularization.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.