Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2007/06/27 20:37:48 UTC

Phantom Server

Guys, just want to tell you about something I see happening on the Netbeans user group.
People complain that Tomcats logs dont work, or that Tomcats setting are not being picked up, its broken.

Whats actually happening is that in NB6, Tomcat is not present at all, and even when it is on the machine, a new Web Project seems to default to GlassFish.

Because not many people know how to check what server is actually running their project, they think TC is broken, or there, and just acting weird.

Its actually very hard to spot what is actually serving the project...
I tried it and got this error
D:\DEV\PROJECTS\WebApplication1\nbproject\build-impl.xml:479: Deployment error:
0
See the server log for details.
If I didnt know it was GlassFish in this project.... I'd be looking at TC

Anyway, if you get complaints that TC seems to be absolutely dead... GlassFish is probably running the project.

Johnny Kewl
  eMail: John<No Spam>kewlstuff.co.za  -- replace <No Spam> with @ --
  Cell: +027-72- 473-9331
Java Developer (Tomcat Aficionado)