Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Clarke <an...@longusername.worldonline.co.uk> on 2002/02/14 19:17:15 UTC

CPU throttling under cocoon

Hi,
Is anyone aware of a CPU throttling problem with Cocoon. I've been having a
problem on win2k where the cpu goes up to 100% and stays there. I am now
convinced it is either tomcat or cocoon, but most likely cocoon. No problem
last couple of days when I wasn't using cocoon. Back to work on cocoon
today, CPU throttles. I close down Tomcat and it stops. CPU back to 3%.
Maybe it's Java, I don't know. But does anyone know how to deal with it. I
can't run a machine with a CPU behaving like this.
Please help if you can, or let me know if this is a known problem,
Thanks.
--
Best,
Stephen Clarke

RE: CPU throttling under cocoon

Posted by Sean Malone <ma...@indigo.ie>.
I think that this may be related to tomcat, several times I have encountered
this problem on NT4 and Windows 2000. These were applications running in the
tomcat 3.2 environment only (cocoon not installed). The applications still
function but the cpu shows 100%