Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Muratet <ma...@torchconcepts.com> on 2003/01/12 05:15:45 UTC

Changes in jsps do not appear

Greetings

I am using Tomcat 4.1.10 in its standalone mode. My understanding of the
documentation is that every time a jsp is requested, the source is
checked and reparsed if it is more recent than the object in memory.
(Where would this be?)

I have a jsp that I have changed, but the changes do not appear. I
have reloaded the web app via the manager app, and I have even restarted
tomcat and still no change. I don't see anything in the logs that would
indicate a problem, although I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Does anybody have any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks.

Mike

Re: Changes in jsps do not appear

Posted by Michael Muratet <ma...@torchconcepts.com>.
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:35:50 -0500
Paul Yunusov <py...@rogers.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 11 January 2003 11:15 pm, Michael Muratet wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > I am using Tomcat 4.1.10 in its standalone mode. My understanding of
> > the documentation is that every time a jsp is requested, the source
> > is checked and reparsed if it is more recent than the object in
> > memory.(Where would this be?)
> >
> > I have a jsp that I have changed, but the changes do not appear. I
> > have reloaded the web app via the manager app, and I have even
> > restarted tomcat and still no change. I don't see anything in the
> > logs that would indicate a problem, although I'm not sure what I'm
> > looking for.
> >
> > Does anybody have any ideas where to start looking?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Try posting the relative path to your JSP file on the server and the
> URL you use to access it. While you're at that , you could check if
> you did save the updated copy on the server or not. I personally have
> never had a problem like yours.
>
> Paul

Thanks.

Not more than 15 minutes after I sent the question, I discovered that
the author of the code (a legacy) had hardwired the path inside the
index.jsp. Putting the file into subdirectory where it was expected
solved the problem. As Sherlock Holmes said, "when you eliminate all the
other possibilities..."

Posted by Paul Yunusov <py...@rogers.com>.