Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2008/03/10 19:40:04 UTC

Memory Leak in AMQ5.0 stable release?

Hi,

I am wondering is there a memory leak in AMQ5.0 stable release. I am
noticing in Jconsole that over the time (4-5Hrs) Memory use increases in
AMQ "PS Old Gen" area. One thing I also observed that if I hit purge on
the Queues then that goes down again. Because of some odd reason even if
the messages are consumed they stays in the AMQ. I am using MySql as the
persistence mechanism with my AMQ installation.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vik

RE: Memory Leak in AMQ5.0 stable release?

Posted by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
Rob,

Thanks for the info; this really helps understanding my observation.

Thanks!

Vik

The 5.1-SNAPSHOT is really mainly bug fixes to the 5.0 release - based
on the latest from trunk in SVN.
The pending messages in Queues were kept around until they hit a limit
of 1000 - then they were gc'd. This is no longer the case - and they
are purged asap

cheers,

Rob

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.