Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zzz <sq...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/21 05:50:44 UTC

solr-server refresh index

Hi

I am using Solr on a 4 node CDH5 cluster (1 namenode, 3 datanodes).

I am running the solr-server on the namenode, and the solr-indexer on each
of the datanodes, alongside the hbase regionservers, for NRT indexing of a
hbase table.

The basics of the indexing seem to work - when I add records via
hbase-shell, I can view the records, however *only* after I either restart
solr-server, or click "optimize" through the Solr Web UI.

Interesting, after I add some records to hbase, the Solr Web UI displays
the "current" status as a red stop icon. After I restart/optimize, it turns
into a green tick, and I can search and get back the new documents.

Is there a way to get solr-server to refresh its view of the index
automatically? Or would that even be a good idea? Why doesn't the Web UI
have a clear "refresh index" button available...the "optimize" button is
usually not available.

TIA

Re: solr-server refresh index

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Well, you can always make documents in Solr visible by issuing a hard
commit or waiting for your hard commit (openSeacher=true) or soft
commit interval to expire.

But as far as the Cloudera product, you'd get much better answers by
asking in Cloudera-specific forums. Here's a place to start...
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/scm-users

Problem is that Cloudera Manager (CDH) uses Solr, but Solr hasn't done
anything special to accommodate Cloudera's usage so this forum is
relatively ignorant of CDH, particularly things like hbase
integration...

Best,
Erick