Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Erik Hemdal <er...@comprehensivepower.com> on 2011/12/06 21:47:11 UTC

make check failure in op-depth-test SVN 1.7.2/Ubuntu 8.10

I'm building SVN 1.7.2 from source, and while the build completes, the op-depth-test (17 of 84 in the test suite) is shown as failed.  This is the first time I have ever encountered errors in the SVN test harness.

Steps:

Downloaded subversion-1.7.2.tar.gz
Confirmed the SHA1 checksum ok.
Unpacked; ran get-deps.sh at the top of the source tree.
./configure; make; make check

I found some references to op-depth-test failing related to 1.7.0-alpha1 and 1.7.1, but nothing that makes sense to me.  Some posts indicate that this might be a build problem on my machine, but other posts refer to fixes, like r1167228 and r1132796.

I found a defunct process lt-svnadm on my machine after starting the test run.  I'm not sure if that's related, but it is unusual.

Can anyone suggest either a trailhead to start looking for the cause of trouble?  Or at least what I can do to generate more useful data about it?

Thanks!  Erik

-----
Erik Hemdal
Software Engineer
Comprehensive Power, Inc.
420 Northboro Road
Marlborough, MA 01752
(508) 460-0010 X24

Re: make check failure in op-depth-test SVN 1.7.2/Ubuntu 8.10

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
This may be relevant:

00:29:04      @danielsh | wayita: debian libtool bug
00:29:04         wayita | danielsh: http://bugs.debian.org/291641
00:29:04         wayita | danielsh: tldr: Debian's libtool appears to resolve inter-library dependencies to the install tree
00:29:04         wayita | danielsh: http://mid.gmane.org/20111113175830.GA12429@elie.hsd1.il.comcast.net and thread

Erik Hemdal wrote on Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 16:58:21 -0500:
> Thanks, Daniel.  This error seems to be at the heart of my trouble.
>
> /home/svn/Desktop/subversion-1.7.2/subversion/svnrdump/.libs/lt-svnrdump: symbol lookup error: /home/svn/Desktop/subversion-1.7.2/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol: apr_hash_do
>
> This looks like a local build problem, which is what I was expecting.  I'm going to try to repeat the build and investigate the dependencies.  If there's something specific I need to check on, I'd appreciate the advice; otherwise, I'll post back when I have either success or more questions.
>
> Thank you for pointing me in a useful direction.  Erik

cat fails.log

Re: make check failure in op-depth-test SVN 1.7.2/Ubuntu 8.10

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Erik Hemdal wrote on Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 15:47:11 -0500:
> I found a defunct process lt-svnadm on my machine after starting the test run.  I'm not sure if that's related, but it is unusual.

Unrelated.  The C tests don't run svnadmin

> Can anyone suggest either a trailhead to start looking for the cause
> of trouble?  Or at least what I can do to generate more useful data
> about it?

cat fails.log