Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anne Milbert <an...@freenet.de> on 2005/12/31 14:10:12 UTC

tomcat doesn't load file on another pc

hi,

i got a strange tomcat problem that I don't understand.
I've built a servlet that dynamically loads files from a folder
in my application. If I run the application on my pc everything
works fine. But if I try to run it from another pc in the network
the servlet loads a blank page except of the file it should load.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Regards, Anne

Re: tomcat doesn't load file on another pc

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Anne Milbert wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got a strange tomcat problem that I don't understand.
> I've built a servlet that dynamically loads files from a folder
> in my application. If I run the application on my pc everything
> works fine. But if I try to run it from another pc in the network
> the servlet loads a blank page except of the file it should load.
>
> Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Not sure I understand the question.

When you say "try to run it from another pc in the network" do you
mean you are running Tomcat on that PC and the application doesn't
work or that you open a browser on that PC, try to connect to your PC
and the application doesn't work?

If you are using a browser on the other PC to connect to Tomcat on
your PC, do any other webapps work?

The phrase "the servlet loads a blank page except of the file it
should load" doesn't make much sense to me. Can you re-phrase it?

Mark