Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/17 12:28:48 UTC

Kafka BrokerState Metric Value 3

I have a question regarding Kafka BrokerState Metric value 3. According to
the documentation value 3 means running state.
What does this running state mean for the broker? Does it mean data of all
partitions on this broker is in sync ?
Is it safe to assume that when broker transition to state 3 after restart
it recovered all partitions data from the leader and is in sync with the
leaders ?

Thanks,
dsingh

Re: Kafka BrokerState Metric Value 3

Posted by Karolis Pocius <ka...@sentiance.com.INVALID>.
Note that even when all partitions are in sync, leader election might have
not happened yet and the broker isn't serving anything. Which might be OK,
depending on your actual use case.

Posted by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Peter !

Posted by Peter Bukowinski <pm...@gmail.com>.