Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/23 17:07:50 UTC

assemblies... unpacking dependencies issue

Hi,

I have the following configuration in an assembly.xml.  I need to
unpack the dependency but somehow into a directory indicated by the
outputFileNameMapping.  Is this possible? It seems as if if unpack is
set to true, outputFileNameMapping has no bearing.

So how can I accomplish dependency A (foo-1.0.jar) from being
unpacked into features/foo_1.0/? The current configuration unpacks
directly into features/.

<dependencySet>
             <outputFileNameMapping>${artifactId}_${version}</
outputFileNameMapping>
             <outputDirectory>features/</outputDirectory>
             <unpack>true</unpack>
             <includes>

<include>org.apache.geronimo.devtools:org.apache.geronimo.feature</
include>
             </includes>
</dependencySet>

Thanks in advance.

-sachin

Re: assemblies... unpacking dependencies issue

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
outputDirectory is used as the directory name of the extracted
dependency.  Unfortunately, the outputDirectory is not being interpolated.

I also that your use case is useful so if you want, you can put it in
jira request for it.  Thanks.