Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "SAI KRISHNA.E" <e_...@yahoo.com> on 2000/06/30 07:44:28 UTC

config/6258: Syntax Error on line 305 of /usr/local/apache_1.3.12/conf/httpd.conf, Expected but saw

>Number:         6258
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Syntax Error on line 305 of  /usr/local/apache_1.3.12/conf/httpd.conf, Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 29 22:50:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     e_saikrishna@yahoo.com
>Release:        1.3.12
Error Message.
Syntax error on line 305 of
/usr/local/apache_1.3.12/conf/httpd.conf:
Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>
/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>How-To-Repeat:
This is New installation on RS/6000 SP ,  O/S Verision 4.3.
Apache S/W downloaded from apache site (www.apache.org). I extracted tar file and restored in /usr/local directory. Then configured , make and make install steps used in installation procedure. Almost i tried 15-20 times verified my configuration. I found everthing is correct
>Fix:
I contacted Mr.Bill Stoddard, (IBM), he said, this is an AIX xlc compiler bug (3.6.4). He told me check for PTF in apache.org. Please help me, where the patch
is available. But the problem is stll the same.

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]