Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Thomas O'Dowd <tp...@cloudian.com> on 2013/06/25 09:34:13 UTC

devcloud help

Hi,

I'm still having some problems with devcloud. Or at least understanding
how it should work and if its doing the right thing.

I've devcloud up and running and I can ssh to it. I can run xentop on it
and that works well.

I've followed the instructions on:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud.html

I've done a clean compile of the object_store branch on my local box
(which is also running devcloud). I've deployed the database and started
the management server. Then when the management server seems to be
started up, I've ran deploysvr and after a longish time, on devcloud I
can see 2 vms start up.

Then the instructions (devcloud in step 8) tell me:
        "The above will deploy a zone with settings defined in
        tools/devcloud/devcloud.cfg which sets some global settings and
        will take some time. After this, you should restart management
        server and destroy any system vms which may have started for the
        global settings to take effect."

So after seeing the two vms start and a lack of new logs in the mgmt
server, I shutdown devcloud vms using "xe vm-shutdown --multiple" and
then when they are down doing a ctrl-c on the mgmt server. Then, I
restart the mgmt server and wait again. However, this time the 2 system
vms don't start up.

last logs on terminal of mgmt server currently read:

INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl] (Cluster-Heartbeat-1:) No
inactive management server node found
WARN  [apache.cloudstack.alerts] (Cluster-Notification-1:)  alertType::
14 // dataCenterId:: 0 // podId:: 0 // clusterId:: null // message::
Management server node 127.0.0.1 is up
WARN  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl] (Cluster-Notification-1:)
Notifying management server join event took 132 ms
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (AgentTaskPool-1:) Private
Network is Pool-wide network associated with eth0 for host 192.168.56.10
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (AgentTaskPool-1:) Guest Network
is Pool-wide network associated with eth0 for host 192.168.56.10
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (AgentTaskPool-1:) Public
Network is Pool-wide network associated with eth0 for host 192.168.56.10
INFO  [xen.discoverer.XcpServerDiscoverer] (AgentTaskPool-1:) Host:
devcloud connected with hypervisor type: XenServer. Checking CIDR...
INFO  [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache] (AgentTaskPool-1:)
StartupAnswer received 1 Interval = 60
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-1:) Host
192.168.56.10 OpaqueRef:0d19f3fa-7f04-543a-d906-aaf478fc574c: Host
192.168.56.10 is already setup.
INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener] (AgentTaskPool-1:)
Received a host startup notification
INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener] (AgentTaskPool-1:)
Scheduled network rules cleanup, interval=2553
INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener] (AgentTaskPool-1:)
Received a host startup notification
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-1:) checking health of
usage server
INFO  [network.vpc.VpcManagerImpl] (VpcChecker-1:) Found 0 removed VPCs
to cleanup
WARN  [apache.cloudstack.alerts] (HA-1:)  alertType:: 13 //
dataCenterId:: 0 // podId:: 0 // clusterId:: null // message:: No usage
server process running
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-2:) checking health of
usage server
WARN  [apache.cloudstack.alerts] (HA-2:)  alertType:: 13 //
dataCenterId:: 0 // podId:: 0 // clusterId:: null // message:: No usage
server process running
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-3:) checking health of
usage server
WARN  [apache.cloudstack.alerts] (HA-3:)  alertType:: 13 //
dataCenterId:: 0 // podId:: 0 // clusterId:: null // message:: No usage
server process running

Anyway - just wondering where I'm going wrong. If I don't restart the
management server (ie ignoring step 8) I can at least seem to get a
little further but I guess there is a reason for restarting???

devcloud-wise, I'm running the kvm version:
$ ls -l devcloud.qcow2
-rw-r--r-- 1 qemu    qemu    6097207296 Jun 25 16:30 devcloud.qcow2

$ md5sum devcloud.qcow2
885e591e38d7bd7b1431df3ead5066be  devcloud.qcow2

Thanks for any pointers.

Tom.
--
Cloudian KK - http://www.cloudian.com/get-started.html
Fancy 100TB of full featured S3 Storage?

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Fixed the wiki.

We need to work on a new DevCloud2 image with some new features like
s3 store backed by Riak [1] thrown in. Also built atop veewee+vagrant and
a standard basebox like Rohit did earlier. May be even deploy it on a
basebox that can be spun up on a CloudStack deployment. Would ease a
lot of testing.

[1] https://github.com/basho/vagrant-riak-cs-cluster

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
Min, Thanks.

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.
[...]

"/Users/kelveny/cloud-javelin/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/clou

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Thomas O'Dowd <tp...@cloudian.com>.

Re: devcloud help

Posted by Thomas O'Dowd <tp...@cloudian.com>.