Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org> on 2024/03/14 11:51:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.10 & 2.11 EOL - pulsar.apache.org website shows that support has ended

Thanks for documenting this, Frank.
I have created a PR to update the release policy, https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/848 . Please review.

The last set of CVEs were raising questions about breaking our release policy when we provided upgrades for unsupported versions of Pulsar by releasing 2.10.6, 2.11.4 and 3.1.3.
The additional note in the release policy hopefully clarifies how the Apache Pulsar project follows the policy.

-Lari

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
There's also a PR to change the GitHub issue template for bug reports:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/22267

This is to ensure that bug reporters are aware that bugs won't get fixed in unsupported versions and that they would do the work to first reproduce the issue on a supported version of Pulsar client and Pulsar broker.

-Lari