Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bensen Chiou <be...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/24 21:56:32 UTC

Why are the files uploaded to /files invisible after TC4 restarted?

Thanks for advice from Remy, I can now test WebDAV on Windows 98.

But I observed a strange problem with invisible file in web folder
after the tomcat is restarted. Here is my observation ( I used
tomcat 4.0 to test WebDAV):

1. The resetBeforeStarting parameter was set to false.
2. Start tomcat 4.0 ( I copies slide.war to webapps before).
3. Create a web folder "slide on localhost", and expand it to
   display three folders: actions, files and users.
4. Drag a file from c: drive to the files folder of web folder.
5. Expand files folder to confirm that the uploaded file exists.
   Confirm that the contentstore in tomcat4.0 contains the file.
6. Shutdown tomcat, and restart it again.
7. Click the web folder "slide on localhost" and click the files
   folder.  The file uploaded before the tomcat restarts is not
   displayed in the files folder of web folder.

What should I do so that the files folder of web folder will
always reflects what are in the contentstore of the tomcat 4.0?
Isn't WebDAV server supposed to reflect what in the contentstore
even after it restarts?

Thanks in advance.

Bensen

RE: Why are the files uploaded to /files invisible after TC4 restarted?

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi bensen,
  I think  the problem is that you were probably using a
MemoryDescriptorsStore for the "nodestore".
  Since the objects stored in the MemoryDescriptorsStore do not survive
restarts you would need to use some sort of persistent store for the
"nodestore" for example JDBCDescriptorsStore. Then you should be able to see
files uploaded after tomcat restart.
       rajkumar