Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/11/25 11:54:22 UTC

blackbird.js amended for Tap 5.1.0.5 - IE background fixed issue

Hello,

I hope this is the correct list to ask this of.  I'm having an issue with
Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and a background image not scrolling with the rest of a
page, just in IE.  The offending function is from blackbird.js, function
backgroundImage() - the script comments indicate it has been heavily
modified to for Tapestry, though perhaps this query would be better
addressed  to the blackbird forum - if so please advise.

This issue has been mentioned previously elsewhere:

http://old.nabble.com/TextField-component-and-body-background-attachement-td
24463036.html#a24476651

... though I was not able to find any resolution related to the post.  I'm
currently using a workaround to exclude blackbird.js that is a modified
version of the approach at:

http://old.nabble.com/How-to-prevent-scriptaculous-and-or-protype-javascript
-libs-from-being-used-by-page-to24687790.html#a24687790

... though would rather find out the correct approach to fixing the problem,
and under what circumstances I might be using blackbird - from what I
understand it is a client-side debugging utility?  I note from this post:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/71893 that it is
required for client-side reporting of communication errors and also that
there are implications for IE reporting of secure/non-secure content.  Would
be grateful for a steer. Thanks.

Regards,
Jim.

RE: blackbird.js amended for Tap 5.1.0.5 - IE background fixed issue

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi,

Any takers on this one?  Would be grateful to find out what the implication
was of not including blackbird if no advice regarding a proper fix is
available.  Is it just that error messages related to async javascript etc.
will not be displayed properly in the client, or are there other
implications I need to be aware of.  I would have thought the fixed
background with moving content issue in IE would be one that many people
would have been aware of?

I'd rather not get into selectively including / excluding various embedded
parts of the Tapestry release as it makes maintenance / upgrading move error
prone.

Regards,
Jim.